When you become a member of the society you will have access to the following benefits:
- Club magazine (Reflections) issued Quarterly
- Discount for subscription to Australian Sky and Telescope
- Access to the society’s assets (telescope, binoculars, extensive library, etc)
- Access to advice and guidance from other experienced members
- Approved members have the right to legally own and use a green laser pointer for educational purposes within the guidelines
- Participation in the Society’s social activities
- Regular viewing nights (aka “star parties”)
- Monthly meetings with guest lecturer
- New Astronomers Group meetings
- Theory Group meetings
- Automatic insurance during club viewing events
- Voting rights
Membership is charged on an annual basis as follows:
- Individual: $70
- Family: $90
- Concession: $40
NOTE: The club’s financial year runs from 1st October till 30th September. So NSAS memberships will need to be renewed 1st October this year.
Alternatively you can download the membership form and pay with a bank transfer or cheque.
Please mail your membership form and cheque to:
PO Box 56
Lane Cove NSW 1595
Alternatively you can bring the form to one of our meetings and pay in person (cash or cheque). We will also accept scanned membership forms and bank transfers – send us your scanned membership form and we’ll provide you with the details of the bank account that you can transfer your membership fee to.
You are welcome to attend one of our meetings before signing up to find out more about us.