Join Northern Sydney Astronomical Society for a night of astronomy, star gazing and storytelling surrounded by the gorgeous inBLOOM plant display at The Calyx, in the heart of the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney.
Let’s travel through space to visit mysterious planets far from Earth! More than 4000 planets have been discovered around other stars — tonight Dr Angel Sanchez-Lopez or Professor Fred Watson will take you on a journey to these strange ‘other’ worlds. How do astronomers discover them? Find out how astronomers detect exoplanets around other stars, and hear about the most interesting planets we have found out there!
Astronomy at The Calyx will be observing strict physical distancing and hygiene measures to protect the health of visitors and staff and minimise the spread of COVID-19.
What we’re asking you to do…
- Keep a safe distance from others during your visit and follow NSW Health advice.
- Please follow current NSW Health rules for mask wearing whilst at our event sites.
- Please don’t visit if you feel unwell or have experienced any cold or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days.
- Keep up to date with NSW Health advisories about COVID-19, including outbreaks.
- Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app.
- Please download and register your details on the Service NSW app prior to attending the show. This will be used to check in on the day.
When: 23 March – 16 Nov – Session times vary across seasons – check ticket for time of event.
Price: General Admission $41, Foundation & Friends Member $37
Where: The Calyx
Transport: Public transport recommended. Limited parking available
Hear from astronomer presenters about everything from space volcanoes to dark energy! Then venture outside to hear an Aboriginal perspective on the stars with Drew Roberts, and view the night sky through the telescopes with volunteers from the Northern Sydney Astronomical Society.
One complimentary glass of wine is included with each ticket purchase. Drinks and snacks can also be purchased from the bar.
This event will take place regardless of weather. In the event that the night sky cannot be viewed other activities will be set up for you to enjoy.
See here for Terms and Conditions