The forecast for tonight (Fridat December 16th) looks good.
However, the forecast of ‘mostly clear’ for this afternoon was wrong and it is still totally overcast at 4pm.
Therefore I’m going to wait until about 5.30pm to make a final decision.
Sunset is at about 8pm tonight.
If observing goes ahead I’ll be opening the gates at about 7.30pm.